Framework and Methodology
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Semantic Shed Methodology and Framework
This defines how we see things.
The Semantic Shed Framework is based on the following:
- Separation of Concerns: all models have separate dimensions for the
- Model formalism (e.g. FOL, DL, OO)
- What the Model represents (semiotics)
- How the model is to be used (Conceeptual, Logical etc.
- The Semiotic Rhombus
- This separates 'Concept' into Intension and Extension
- For non-realist ontologies, we focus on the intension
The Semiotic Rhombus
This defines the concrete actions that are carried out on a client site to bring these about.